I thoroughly enjoyed my childhood playing the 2D sidescrolling game, Maplestory. With anime-esque chibi graphics and large diverse skills to choose from, the game was unique for its time and became a symbol within the MMORPG genre. Today, the game is not nearly as populated as it was in 2009 and many of its player base has moved on, including myself. Yesterday, Maplestory 2 has released its Free to Play launch, and I have decided to give it a try in hopes of reliving my nostalgia of the first game. After several hours of playing, I found myself not immersed and overall, not impressed with much of the game. Undeniably, the gameplay was embarrassingly underwhelming and uninteresting. Despite this, I wasn't completely disappointed with the whole game. The graphics are nice, colourful and new with a large resemblance to the art of the first game. The character creation menu had very intuitive controls and was extremely easy to customise your character, yet the choices seemed to be l...
Comments
Post a Comment